Google
 

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Salvia divinorum


I have read, just today, from New York Times about Salvia divinorum. I didn't know it is something useful. The fact is, I think we have tons of it on my farm - they are considered weeds that we actually have to weed them out time and again. Photo on the right is taken from the web, however, I will take photos on Friday from my farm and post them here.

I hope this information will not reach our youth (I hope they don't read the NYTimes, hehehe; or our local media won't pick this up) or else...

More info of this plant from wikipedia:

Salvia divinorum, also known as Diviner’s Sage, Sage of the Seers, or simply by the genus name, Salvia, is a psychoactive herb which can induce strong dissociative effects. It is a member of the sage genus and the Lamiaceae (mint) family. The Latin name Salvia divinorum literally translates to “sage of the seers”.

Salvia divinorum has a long and continuing tradition of use as an entheogen by indigenous Mazatec shamans, who use it to facilitate visionary states of consciousness during spiritual healing sessions. The plant is found in isolated, shaded, and moist plots in Oaxaca, Mexico. It grows to well over a meter in height. It has hollow square stems, large green leaves, and occasional white and purple flowers.