Ok, I stated my predictions for the Peso in 2007 in my previous posts. I said, by end of 2007 it will continue to strenghten to 46 to the US dollar.
Does other market analysts share my views?
From the Philippine Star today, "If the economy continues to grow and if the peso follows its improvement last year, the exchange rate could hit P45 to the dollar by yearend," Astro del Castillo, managing director of First Grade Holdings, told a news forum in Quezon City.
And, last year, Albay Rep. Joey Salceda, a much sought-after stock and financial analyst before he became a congressman, predicted that the exchange rate could hit P46 to $1 if the administration managed the economy well.
Well, what are you waiting for? Trade...very carefully, and pocket the earnings later.
(1) if the elections in May 2007 gets messy, get out;
(2) if the budget failed to pass, get in;
(3) if Smith get convicted in the Supreme Court, get out ASAP;
(4) if the El Nino dry spell gets worse, get out slowly;
(5) if the US economy improves, and the Fed increases its rates, watch your trade carefully.