Google
 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Sunday

Since I am a farmer now, I went to visit my farm last Sunday. I brought with me the seedlings I tried growing in our backyard here in the City: 2 seedlings of Bangkok santol, 3 lanzones, and 6 avocados. Syempre, magagandang klaseng seedlings ito.

So when we arrived at the farm, I planted the seedlings, hehehe. Ang mga Narra, Mahogany, and Mangga that I planted last last year are now really tall, 1.5 meters na cguro, pero ang Mangga maliit pa.

Pagkatapos ng tree planting, we sold our copra for a princely sum of 11,000 pesos, 16.00 pesos ang kilo ng copra. Pagkatapos nag-katay kami ng chickens, hehehe for lunch. I already designated 5 chicken for Christmas, and another 5 for New Year, O diba? I noticed na 10 na yata ang pa-itlugan ng manok doon sa gilid ng farm house ko. Sabi ko sa katiwala ko “mag-ingat sa birdflu, dumarami na manok natin”.

After lunch nakipag-inuman ako sa mga katiwala (2 lang naman) and one visitor who helped us katay the chicken and buy the tuba. Hehe (ayos ba taglish ko?). Nang-uwian na, nagdala ako ng young corn (1/2 sack), (1/2 sack camote), (1/2 sack banana), niyog, and vegetables.

Pero ang mga katiwala ko sumabay sa sasakyan noong pauwi na kami– magsasabong daw sila sa bayan, hehehe, may pera kasi. So I told my driver, tara makisabong na rin tayo since we still have time. I don’t know what happened but we won around 8K in less than 1 hour without shelling any money out, hehehe. We kept on betting and we keep on winning – voila in around 45 minutes we got 8K. Kaya sabi ko sa driver, tara uwi na tayo, hehehe. I gave 500 each to may katiwala and 200 to my driver as balato.

That’s my Sunday. The Sunday of a mid-30's retired OFW. hehehe.

PS.
1. My last visit to sabungan, we call “gallera” was around 5 years ago.
2. October will be harvest time, so I will be busy collecting my palay.
3. Nagplaplano na ng Christmas decoration ang "manager" ko sa "School Supplies and Photocopying Shop" ko.