Google
 

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rep. Jovito Palparan

I am for human rights, without political leanings. Fairly and squarely, whatever that means.

On the news today from PDI:

“I challenge them to denounce the New People’s Army. I will tell them to say they are not part of the NPA. I want to hear that from them. Otherwise, mamamatay tao sila (they are killers),” Palparan said in an interview with the Inquirer. Posing a challenge to Fisherfolk alliance Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (Pamalakaya), the Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP), Unyon ng mga Manggagawa sa Agrikultura (UMA), Gabriela, etc.

You know what? Rep. Jovito Palparan maybe right. I could not think differently but agree with him.

Why?

My friend, who has been activist for years told me once that:

Fisherfolk alliance Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (Pamalakaya), the Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP), Unyon ng mga Manggagawa sa Agrikultura (UMA), Gabriela, etc. are FRONTS OF THE NPA.

Is this true? Are they really NPA fronts? My friend assured me they are.

If they are, then both sides, accusing the other of human rights violations, are both hypocrites.

Maybe be it is about time na magpakatotoo sila, at manahimik.