Google
 

Thursday, February 28, 2008

What the Gmail login and password can do for you?

Take this as a post from a newbie. Although I have been on the internet since 1997, or earlier, it is only today that I realized what my login and password on gmail can do for me. And they are as follows:

1. Login on blogger
2. Login on your adsense account
3. Login on youtube
4. Login on your gmail
5. Login on Google Aps, where you can access your docs, spreadsheets, presentations, reader, calendar etc. online.

I am sure there are others that I have missed. Oh' I miss GTalk, and Google Sites.

But for the Google Aps,I tried using them today.These Aps must have been around for quite sometime now, but it is only today that I have tried them after reading about it somewhere else.

All I can say..it is great, I do not have to carry floppies or CDs around anymore. This application is really useful and handy. You can share your files to others, you can import your existing files to it, you can do many things. I also tried the spread sheets aps, but I am missing the special stat (Data Analysis) functions of Excel. It would be good if it was there so I can do my usual histogram, or Anova easily.

Anyway, I now understood what Google meant by "things moving online".

I wonder how much memory they would provide for each gmail account?

Sooner than later, my guess is, it would just be you, and your google login and password that are needed to make things happen on the web, or in your office.

The consolation is that, at least I am still on Paypal, and not on checkout. But I would not care really ...to use check out if it is as ubiquitous as Paypal.

What about you, have you tried Google Aps?