Google
 

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I support the call for snap elections

On the news today from PDI:

President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and Vice President Noli de Castro should resign and a snap election be called in 60 days, incumbent political, former military, and media personalities declared in a manifesto they released Wednesday.

Among those who signed were:

Senate Minority Floor Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr.
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV
Former senator Serge Osmeña
Lieutenant General Romeo Dominguez
Renato Constantino Jr

Armida Siguion-Reyna and Bibeth Orteza
Bishop Leo Alconga of the Philippines for Jesus Movement;
former ambassador Roy Señeres
columnists Conrado de Quiros (Philippine Daily Inquirer),
Ellen Tordesillas (Malaya)
lawyer Harry Roque of the University of the Philippines-College of Law.

Although I agree with the call, I can not sign yet the petition on their site as I am waiting for credible people to press Malacanang to conduct a snap elections. Who are the people I am talking about? I am talking people like FVR, former Finance Secretary Camacho, former Energy Secretary Popo Lotilla, former Budget Secretary Boncodin, the Makati Business Club, the CBCP among others.

The list above who signed the petition are full of people whose vested personal interests are too visible for me (through media). I simply do not trust them. Who are they? The colored red (I do not trust), while the blues (I trust).