Google
 

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Jack of all trades, master of none

My current job is not related to my degree. How unrelated? It's like graduating AB History, and taking up a job in hard sciences - hard sciences as in biology, chemistry, oceanography, statistics, among others. But, who cares? There's Google, and there's a lot of material on the web. Metamorphosis could be as easy as changing a shirt, the only difference is, it takes a lot of effort and discipline in the process. Bakit ito ang blog ko? It's because I did'nt have a single course in Economics or Accounting, yet one of my hobby is Forex Trading...you know buying and selling currencies. Why? alang magawa eh.hehehe.

I have been into Forex Trading as a hobby for a quite a while now, and it was only for the past three days, shorting AUD & US and long Yen, that I was able to obtain a combined pips of over a thousand using a harakiri leverage of 50:1; trading the full amount, and scaling. I know its crazy, please don't flame me, its just dinner money, hehehe. It increased my NAV 700% in three days. NAV is net asset value, or the amount of money you have in your trading account. My account is real money, although I started with virtual money or paper trading several months ago. I decided to trade real money to really "feel" it, whatever that means.

I am not claiming that I am a professional trader. The fact is, I was a loser for the past several months, until a few weeks ago when my trades started turning black. Maybe I just got lucky, but my confidence is building up. I realized, that patterns and set-ups just keep on repeating. You just have to be there, at the right time and at the right set-up, and voila...the money starts dripping in, hehehe.

Its a pity that the Peso is not in my traders flatform, otherwise I would trade it, knowing by experience, that it is stronger in the months of November and December every year, and weakens everytime their is a political scandal, which we have plenty, hehehe.

I do not advice Forex Trading as a source of income, unless you are really good at it in paper trading for several months. I learned the hard way, and I lost a few bucks. The mortality rate (i.e. losers) goes as high as 90%, with just around 5% profitable. In my opinion, it is an informed gambling, like trading stocks. And I guess, it sent many "lousy" traders to the poor house.